Saturday, April 5, 2008

Memorable Words


So I decided to write somethings down that I think are important to me.


Shopgirl gave me some ideas, so I am going to go with some of them.


There are many poems, sayings, or even just sentences that have stuck with me through my life.

One in particular is the poem, "In Flanders Fields". I have a very strong connection to war. My grandpa on my mom's side was a prisnor of war during World War Two. He was captured after landing on the beach at Dieppe, and was in the camp for three solid, long years. After many horrible days, and grusome experiences, and many escape attempts on different accounts, he made it out of the camp with the help of some allied American soldiers, AND lived to tell about it.


When I was a kid, he used to always recall stories from the war, and he would discuss every detail as if it had happened the day before. My mom and him had discussed many times about writing a book about his experiences, and one day they did! It was titled, "Destined to Survive", and it went on to be a Canadian best seller.


Anyways, to make a long story short! haha..the poem "In Flanders Fields" always made me think of stories that my grandpa would tell me as a kid. The lines that especially get me are...


''In Flanders Fields the poppies grow, between the crosses row on row."

This always stuck out to me, because I could just imagine the graves of so many innocent people, soldiers especially that were killed during battle for their country. And how many of the graves were those of an "unknown solider''. Blah, so sad.




Anyways, that is something that is important to me. And I thought I would write about it.


On a side note, the video for the song "4 minutes'' by Madonna and Justin Timberlake just premiered on TV, which I didn't know, and I am currently watching it. I am going to say that it wasn't my favourite video, but Justin dances in it, and I am always mesmorized by his dancing. Haha. So I will give it a 7 out of 10.
and another side note! They are showing Justin Timberlake's concert "The Future/Sex Love/Sounds'' tour on muchmusic right now. I am such a JT fan, and saw his concert twice last year in Toronto, so I am basically on cloud 9 right now reliving two of the best nights of my life! hahah. Wow, I need a life. IM BRINGIN SEXY BACK:)

No comments: